Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Postpone?

I know it's been a while again and that I haven't been offering up very much help lately, but I've had a lot going on and will for the next couple weeks.....so forgive me, please!

We have been consumed by a couple things lately. One being my husbands process at getting a job with ISP and the other my health. I never knew how in depth things were to be accepted into ISP. I expected a background check (he's had that for his current job) but MAN! It's insane. It takes almost a year to complete the process. I even had to have an interview with a Corporal this past week! Not often the potential employee AND his spouse are interviewed lol We should know more this week, hopefully. He has already been given a conditional offer of employment, but must pass several test to keep his position.

As for me and my health, well, it's been fun as usual! I had me pre-op appointment yesterday, and after talking more with my doctor and going over my history once more, he decided to add to my procedure next week. He is going to be using the daVinci device on me, pretty cool, really! Its basically a robot that will be doing the actual slicing and dicing lol, while the doctor controls it from off to the side.

So, my surgery falls right when our PRIDE classes are starting, and things are uncertain at this point as to what extreme they'll be taking and whether or not a second surgery will be following shortly after. My doctor is pretty confident that I have Endometriosis and adhesion's and we won't know how severe until he gets in there. Its possible that a hysterectomy will follow this surgery. While in there, if things look like they can be salvaged, they will also be "injuring" my ovary to help with the PCOS. What they do is drill my ovary and make a bunch of holes into it to regulate things. I'll spare you all the details, but feel free to look it up or ask me if you want to know more ;) With all of this chaos we are considering putting fostering on hold for a little while. Just until we get this all figured out. The last thing we want to do is cause a bunch of stress for our family or anyone who may come into our family. We want to be a safe and stable place when we do get a child(ren) so we feel it's best to probably put things on hold for a little while. If Dan gets this job we may need to relocate too, so there are a lot of "if's" right now. We should know more soon though, so we will slowly figure it all out..I hope!

Once things calm down I will get back into at least providing information and resources for others, because it is still very important to me and I want to get more people involved one way or another ♥

I will keep the blog update as much as I can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment