Thursday, January 6, 2011

Slacker ;)

So, it's been several days since my last entry! I do have a pretty good excuse...one is 2 and one is 4! Oh, and then there is the 28yr old too hehehe Then we added a puppy yesterday...nuts I tell you! I hope that everyone had a great New Year's celebration! Anyone make any resolutions? I stopped doing that many years ago as I never stuck to them... Life is just too hard and busy. Instead of making resolutions I just think about things I'd like to accomplish and work on it little by little. No pressure, no expectations. I have a hard enough time sticking to a "to-do" list on a daily basis! There is just so many things that change in life over the course of a year. If you can stick to it, more power to you! I just know I can't and I've accepted it :)

In other news, I head into surgery the beginning of next month :( Yuck! This is my 3rd one since my daughter was born. Hopefully they find something out and I can start to feel better. A hysterectomy may be in my near future, but at this point, I'll do whatever I have to in order to feel some what human again. Nothing like being in pain, feeling pregnant 24/7 (with no beautiful baby in 9 months!) and just feeling so run down that you can't enjoy life to the fullest. Hopefully, that will all change soon!

So, for those of you reading this blog and considering adoption/foster care, did you have time to think about what direction you are considering taking? Not that it has to be set in stone at this point....we changed our minds! Whatever choice you make, know that you are changing lives. Even if you decide this isn't for you, but you want to donate, volunteer, mentor etc. you are making a huge difference and you should be proud of yourself :)

Let's talk about mentoring for a minute. This is such a great option if you aren't ready to fully commit to foster care/adoption or for those who want to help, but aren't able to go all the way. If you are considering becoming a foster/adoptive parent, this gives you a taste of what it will be like. A test drive of sorts ;) For those who really want to get involved but just aren't able to become foster/adoptive parents, this lets you make a difference without as big of a responsibility. You never know, you just may connect with a child and decide to get more involved! Either way, you are bringing a smile to these kids faces, even if only for a couple hours. It can make all the difference! If you are local, you can visit the SNAPS, Inc. website and print off the application, otherwise, you can do a search for your area. Health and Welfare will be able to help as well as any local agencies.

Have any of you ever mentored/volunteered for something like this before? If so, please comment so others can get an idea of what it's like. I'm considering it myself, but need to manage my time with having the two little ones and going through the Foster-Adopt process. I want to help as many as I can, but it's always important not to spread yourself too thin!

I know this entry wasn't all that informative, but I'll be back!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you brought up mentoring. I think if you plan to foster/adopt then people need to do this step first. It's not fair for any child to get fostered/adopted into a great home and then the parents find out that they can't handle it. These inconsistencies can be very difficult on a child!

    ReplyDelete